PDFs as graphics and graphics out of SolidWorks

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 11:41:28 PDT 2008

My expience has been both prone to corruption, and because it's in the
OS, able to crash the whole system, not just the application.

Embedding graphics by reference works with the linked application just
as OLE does --  a PDF opens in Acrobat, an AI or EPS in Illustrator, a
PSD in Photoshop, and so on. So you're not giving up any usability.
The reason that PDF was mentioned in this thread is because the
original thread was related to Solidworks, and you don't want to try
to fire that up to edit a file.

I don't think any particular graphic file naming convention is
necessary, other than a description of the content.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
 No disclaimers apply.