extract changed texts

Jim Owens jowens at magma.ca
Wed Apr 2 12:07:25 PDT 2008

REXX is a general-purpose interpretive scripting language developed by
IBM. They bundled it with OS/2, which is where I picked it up. As
scripting languages go, it's not bad. Some of the commands are difficult
to remember (if you want to open a file, you CALL STREAM), the syntax is
a bit finicky, there's no regexp support (not out of the box anyway),
and although there are support groups and libraries out there, they're
pretty thin on the ground compared to more mainstream scripting
languages like Perl. But the documentation is good, and the language is
flexible and powerful (and non-typed).

Regina is an open-source REXX interpreter for the Windows platform.

These days I use AutoIT for scripting. I have no experience with
FrameScript, but if I had a copy I'd undoubtedly prefer it for FM work,
if only to save myself from working with MIF.