Stretching a table footnote to the column width ...

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Apr 2 12:19:19 PDT 2008

Hi, all.

In tables that do not "stretch" over the entire page width, table
footnotes do not stretch to the page width either. They wrap --- pretty
much at the right edge of the rightmost table column.

Is there a way to change this? I.e., have the table be relatively narrow
and yet have the table footnote go all the way across the page (or to
some other setting point)?

For some of my narrower tables, the table footnotes appear wrap too
"quickly" and take more vertical space than necessary. Yes, I could
shorten the footnotes a bit, but the purpose is useful and necessary in
my case.