question about modification date variable

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:14:33 PDT 2008

I know this is a late reply but I will try to help a bit.

Question: Will all pages show the same date (i.e. be updated at the
same time) or will the pages be revised as an entity in itself?

If the whole manual will show the same date, the easiest thing would
be to make a variable with the date (in regular text format, not using
the date system variable) and insert it into both the Revision Page
revision entry _and_ to the header or footer of the master page(s).

If you want to have different dates on any page(s), you would have to
skip the date in the footer and add a text frame into each of the
pages (not connected to the main flow). You will add the revision
dates as new variables and insert the variables into the text fields
and into the entry in the Revison Page.

This should not be much work for a 30 page manual.

HTH,

Bodvar

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.