Mif2Go Question -- No .hhp file produced

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Mon Apr 7 18:03:14 PDT 2008

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 16:39:37 -0500, "Lin Surasky" <Lin.Surasky at retalix.com>
wrote:

>I'm posting for a remote colleage who is trying to generate HTML Help
>from FrameMaker 7.2 (unstructured). He says there is no .hhp file
>created when he runs Mif2Go, but doesn't get any errors. Since I can't
>see what he's doing, where should I tell him to look (other than the
>User  Guide!) to see what's wrong? I've never had this problem, and have
>no idea if it's even possible assuming he is choosing MS HTML Help as
>the format (which he is).
>
>Any ideas?

If he set WriteHelpProjectFile explicitly to No:

[MSHtmlHelpOptions]
WriteHelpProjectFile=No

then no .hhp woud be written.  If he did not set it, and thus
left it at the default (of Yes), an .hhp would be written
*unless* one already existed.  If he set it explicitly to Yes:

[MSHtmlHelpOptions]
WriteHelpProjectFile=Yes

then a new .hhp would always be written, overwriting the
previous one.

It's possible he's set an HHPFileName that can't be written
because it's on a nonexistent drive, or points to a directory
where he lacks write permission, or is an invalid file name.

HTH!