OS X 10.4.11 -- can't import files from Word

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Apr 18 07:56:54 PDT 2008

Mastersoft provided some of FM's conversion filters at one time. The
error is in the conversion filter, not FM itself. Apparently the
Japanese RTF filter is/was smarter than the standard RTF filter.

I believe around that time, even Word had problems importing Word
files because of file-format changes.

Glad to hear you've gotten past the problem.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:31 AM, Steve Rickaby
<srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> At 10:12 -0400 18/4/08, Louise Moritsugu wrote:
>
>  >You raise a useful point about upgrading to FM 7, and I'll set up a search on eBay for one.
>  >
>  >After I sent the initial message, I Googled "Mastersoft" in the dead of night and found a 2002 response from Jeremy Griffiths on another list that mentioned Importing (Copy Into Document), setting the Format to "RTF_Japanese_Import." Which seems to have worked perfectly. Thank god for archives.
>
>  Yes: I should have mentioned it. Back in FrameMaker 6 for Mac, for some unfathomable reason, the 'Japanese' RTF import filter worked better than the other one.
>
>  >And, yes, the French accents are no problem, either way.

Regards,

Peter