Long running headers

Lester C. Smalley lsmalley at infocon.com
Mon Apr 21 09:20:20 PDT 2008

Another trick is to make TWO header text frames - one on each side of
the master page (tall enough for two lines of text), and two header
paragraph format Header Left and Header Right, so I can independently
set font properties, justification, spacing, etc. for the different
pieces of data I'm pulling in from the text.  You can even control the
'gutter' space between the two by sizing them appropriately.

Makes it much easier to have truly Left and Right justified content
automatically instead of fussing around with tab stops or indents.

On Monday, April 21, 2008 12:06 PM, Rick Quatro wrote:

| Make the master page text frame tall enough so that you can see the
| second | line.
|
| Rick Quatro
| Carmen Publishing
| 585-659-8267
| www.frameexpert.com
|
| > I've inherited this Frame book. There's a master page that has two
| > running header variables in the header, one for the chapter title
| > and the other for the current heading 1. On one of the pages in the
| > manual, both the chapter title and the heading 1 are long. Whoever
| > last modified this book managed to get the text for the heading 1
| > to wrap so that it looks something like this:
| >
| > Blah blah blah blah blah    Yadda yadda yadda
| >                                       yadda yadda yadda
| >
| > but I don't know where to look to see how they did this. It has
| > come undone so that the second line of the text on the right has
| > disappeared. I must restore this. Changing the text of either the
| > chapter title or the heading is not an option, and at this time
| > in the project I prefer not to get into playing with font sizes.
| >
| > Your wisdom and guidance, please & thanks.
| >
| > --
| > Milan Davidovic
| > http://altmilan.blogspot.com
| > http://stctorcomp.blogspot.com

- Lester
Lester C. Smalley              Email: lsmalley AT infocon DOT com
Information Consultants, Inc.  Phone: 302-239-2942 FAX: 302-239-1712
Yorklyn, DE  19736               Web: www.infocon.com