Fine tuning pagination

Linda G. Gallagher lindag at techcomplus.com
Tue Apr 22 08:03:32 PDT 2008

Hedley,

BTW, this is not a user guide. It's a technical book.

More of my ignorance about to show.

<@    Slightly condense the body type -- not too much or the proportions
of strokes will become ugly.>

Using the word spacing options in the paragraph designer?

<@    Increase the depth of all pages.  <snip> >

Is this adjusting the text frame size on master pages?

<@    If that is insufficient, increase the depth of the double-spread by
one line to pull the orphan back.  <snip>  It's considered bad
form to have an overdepth page immediately next to an overleaf
underdepth page, and vice versa.  And facing pages that are different
depths are unforgivable.>

Is this adjusting the text frame size on body pages, but making sure facing
pages are have the same text frame size?

Thanks for all the tips. Just trying to understand the mechanics.

Linda G. Gallagher
TechCom Plus, LLC
lindag at techcomplus dot com
www.techcomplus.com
303-450-9076 or 800-500-3144
User guides, online help, FrameMaker and
WebWorks ePublisher templates