Conditional text insets

Stephen O'Brien sobrien at innovmetric.com
Fri Apr 25 12:12:13 PDT 2008

Not sure I understand the problem. But I am
interested because I use text insets (several
hundred) and conditional text formats (twenty).

Let's say that Doc1 has a text inset Doc2 which
has three conditional formats A, B, and C.

If in Doc1 I want to see only the content of Doc2
that is flagged with condition C, I set show
condition C in Doc1 and that's that. No problem.

The only time I had a problem with this is when I had the following case:

Doc1 has a text inset Doc2 with a text inset Doc
3 (with conditional formats called A, B, and C).
I set show condition C in Doc1 and it didn't
work! The problem I believe was that the
condition was not defined the same way in Doc2 so
the specification didn't make it to Doc3. I
deleted the condition in Doc2 and then the
correct condition definition (created in Doc3)
was imported into Doc2 and then Doc1. I wonder if this is clear..helps.

I don't understand how/why a script would be useful here.

I probably don't quite understand the problem.

Good luck.

At 08:20 AM 24/04/2008, Duncan, Gary wrote:
>Hi everyone,
>

>We are trying to use text insets that get called into the chapter and
>then are conditionalized from within the container file. For example, if
>we want the content of an inset to appear only in Help, we give it a
>HelpOnly condition from within the container file. We do not want to
>conditionalize the text inset content itself because the condition may
>not be appropriate in other places we use the inset.
>

>This works fine until we revise the inset and it gets called back into
>the container file. The condition is lost. At first, it seemed like a
>bug. But after thinking about it, it makes sense that reimporting the
>text inset replaces everything associated with the previous version. The
>buggy thing is that Frame still indicates that the inset is conditional
>(in the lower left corner of the screen where the paragraph/flow info
>shows). The conditional dialog indicates that the inset is conditional,
>but does not indicate which condition. In the end, however, the
>information seems bogus because if you click on something else, then
>click back on the inset, the info is carried over from the previous text
>you clicked on.
>

>If the conditional info was truly held in Frame, I was hoping that a
>solution could be a script that scans for insets with associated
>conditions and update and apply the condition. Now, I am not so hopeful.
>

>Has anyone run into this and solved the problem?
>

>Thank you...
>

>Gary

>or visit
>http://lists.frameusers.com/mailman/options/framers/sobrien%40innovmetric.com
>
>Send administrative questions to listadmin at frameusers.com. Visit
>http://www.frameusers.com/ for more resources and info.

Stephen O'Brien
Technical Writer / Rédacteur technique
InnovMetric Software Inc. / InnovMetric Logiciels inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing (TM)

Don't miss the upcoming International PolyWorks
User Meeting on May 29-30, 2008, in Montreal,
Canada! <http://www.innovmetric.com/Manufacturing/ipum2008.aspx>Register Today!

Ne manquez pas le prochain Congrès international
des utilisateurs de PolyWorks les 29 et 30 mai
2008, à Montréal, Canada!
<http://www.innovmetric.com/Manufacturing/ipum2008.aspx?lang=fr>Inscrivez-vous
dès aujourd'hui!