Standard to SGMG generated files

Lynne A. Price lprice at txstruct.com
Fri Apr 25 13:27:08 PDT 2008

Les,
   Even when they are extracted from a structured document or book,
FrameMaker generated files are still unstructured documents. You can set up
the TOC, LOT, and LOF to extract information from specified elements rather
than from paragraphs with specified formats. However, the formatting of the
generated files themselves will still be based on paragraph formats.
   If you need to store the generated files in SGML, you can use a
conversion table to derive an element structure from the paragraph formats.
For use within FrameMaker, however, leaving them unstructured is fine.
         --Lynne

At 01:07 PM 4/24/2008, Harold Winberg wrote:
>We are converting our FM manuals from standard to SGML.
>
>In the standard manuals we used para tags to generate TOC, LOT, LOF and
>

>We have an EDD that uses FormatChangeList.
>

>Is there a plug-in or good method to create these formerly para tag
>generated files?

Lynne A. Price
Text Structure Consulting, Inc.
Specializing in structured FrameMaker consulting, application development,
and training
lprice at txstruct.com            http://www.txstruct.com
voice/fax: (510) 583-1505      cell phone: (510) 421-2284