OS X 10.4.11 -- can't import files from Word -- new wrinkle

Louise Moritsugu lmoritsugu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 06:53:46 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

Two weeks ago, I sent a message about a problem I was having
importing Word RTFs into Frame 6 (Mac). The solution, in the end, was
to import them using "RTF_Japanese_Import."

Since then, a new glitch has developed -- it won't import any text in
tables. The tables come in, but their cells are empty. It also won't
recognize non-breaking spaces. The French accents remain as they
should be.

Even an RTF file I'd previously imported successfully now imports
without the contents of the tables.

Any ideas?

Will I have to reinstall OSX 10.3?

Thanks,