Microsoft XP support

Dan Gallagher Dan.Gallagher at ametek.com
Tue Apr 29 09:05:38 PDT 2008

What irks me the most about vista is the overhead required to run it. Why
should I be forced to have a dual processor mega-RAM pc? I don't need that
with XP. I use an old pc for replicating/archiving my digital pictures.
It's running XP and is only a 500mhz PIII with 768mb of RAM and it works
very well. Forget using that pc with vista! I imagine it would crawl.

It's my understanding that the vista overhead is required due to the
encryption in between system components. To me that's nonsense. I'm not
going to steal copyrighted material and shouldn't be penalized because
some do.

Cheers,
Dan--Ft. Lauderdale