Learning curve for FrameMaker

Rene Stephenson rinnie1 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 06:59:09 PDT 2008

Dennis and Scott make great points. I found the Adobe FrameMaker Classroom In A Book to be a great introduction, but it wasn't really until I started converting Word docs to FM docs and creating templates that I started to feel comfy working in the FM environment.

One important thing for newbies with Word background to note is that the multi-undo in FrameMaker gets reset a lot by stuff that you can normally undo in Word.

The only thing I'd advise is, don't be afraid to try any hairy idea...just be sure to try it on a COPY that you can scrap before doing it on the "real" project files.   ;-)

ONWARD!  :-)

Rene L. Stephenson