Scripting - The Update command...

Rick Quatro frameexpert at truevine.net
Wed Apr 30 07:22:26 PDT 2008

Hi Stephen,

As Tammy said, we had some problems getting text insets to update
programmatically through FrameScript. The solution was code to actually
reimport the text insets. This isn't the most efficient approach, but it
works.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing
585-659-8267
www.frameexpert.com

I have a document in a book (FM 7.2) that contains a large text inset.

When I update manually the book, the document
contents and those of its text inset (which
contains cond. formats) update correctly.

My script opens the same book and turns on the
correct cond. formats one document at a time and
then updates the book. The output is not the
same. The text inset does not always update. I've
read the command description (UPDATE) and
updating the text insets is the automatique behavior.

Note that in other cases all works well.

Any idea what may be wrong...

Thanks for your ideas...

Stephen O'Brien
Technical Writer / Rédacteur technique
InnovMetric Software Inc. / InnovMetric Logiciels inc.
2014, Cyrille-Duquet, suite 310
Québec (Québec) Canada G1N 4N6

Tel.: (418) 688-2061
Fax: (418) 688-3001
E-mail: sobrien at innovmetric.com
www.innovmetric.com
PolyWorks, the Universal 3D Metrology Software Platform for Manufacturing
(TM)