Learning curve for FrameMaker

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Wed Apr 30 10:00:10 PDT 2008

> Lester omits to mention what will be known to many here  - that the Frame
> 5 manual was the last to be
> produced by the tech authors at Frame Corp. I have a copy, and yes, it is
> a lot better than the current
> offering (although I've not seen a FrameMaker 8 manual.)

The FrameMaker 8 manual is worse, because there isn't on-- at least, no hard
copy is included or sold separately. Adobe does include a file on the CD
that you can print and bind yourself, but sheesh. It's over 1000 pages and
awkward to print and bind in an office. I'm thinking about sending it off to
a POD printer to get a printed/bound copy (split into two volumes for
convenience).

Mike Wickham