TCS version of FM8 crashes repeatedly

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 13 12:42:20 PDT 2008

Hi everybody,

I recently installed the TCS (original version) on my new company laptop
(Lenovo/IBM Thinkpad T61P, XPSP2, 2.2GHz, 160GB HDD, 2GB RAM).
FM crashes repeatedly on any FM file that has unavailable fonts (same error
message and memory dump every time, and I have the dump).  Uninstalling and
reinstalling FM does not solve the problem, nor does a complete uninstall
and reinstall of the TCS.

I tried to install the available FM updates but they failed.  I suspect that
the updates for standard FM8 do not apply to the TCS version.  Does anyone
know about that?

Uninstalling the TCS version of FM8 and replacing it with the standard
version of FM8 works fine.  But of course, that is only a temporary
workaround and is not the correct solution for the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Are there separate updates for the TCS
versions of FM8, AB8 and RH7?  The Adobe updater does not seem to find
anything.

BTW, commenting on the message below, whenever I install FM and AB, I always
install FM first and never install the PDF add on.  it's a waste of time.  I
install Acrobat after FM and that installation provides Distiller and
PDFmaker.

Thanks,
Diane