section/no section number TOC

Mollye Barrett mollye at clearpath.cc
Tue Aug 19 08:46:36 PDT 2008

   Hi All,

   I'm working on a template and the user wants the option of NOT
using section numbers on some chapters and in the TOC. I've created
master pages to accomodate the section/no section requirements.
Currently, the TOC styles are tied to paragraph tags (H-1, H-2, H-3)
and those paragraph tags are formatted on the reference page with
chapnums-pagenum. How can I get the same heading style (H-1, H-2, H-3)
to generate without a section number?

   I'm sure there must be an way to accomplish my goals but the
solution escapes me...

   As always, any help is appreciated!

   Mollye Barrett
ClearPath, LLC