PDF setup for LOF links

Baruch Brodersen Baruch.Brodersen at bigbandnet.com
Wed Aug 27 22:08:24 PDT 2008

Rene,

A script is the way to go.

Here's what I would test.

Create two almost identical Figure title formats. In the Autonumbering tab set it up something like this:

F:Figure\t<$chapnum>.<n+> ---or whatever your current format is
G:Figure\t<$chapnum>.<n+>

Make the G: series Invisible, 2pt., 0 pt. above, and 0 pt. below.

Now, have your script loop through the document and every time is finds a series F: figure heading have it select and copy the text, then drop in a series G: paragraph below the anchored frame, and paste the series F: text into it.

Then, use the series G: format to generate your LOF. Thus, LOF will be identical to what you would have if you generated an LOF based on series F:, but the links will now all go to the series G: format which is directly under each of the graphics.

Baruch Brodersen
Technitext Documentation