Conditional text not removing extraneous pages

Fri Aug 29 15:19:26 PDT 2008

karyn hunt wrote:

>   I'm using conditional text to single source from one doc to another.
> Specifically, I'm referencing a file from one book into another and
> removing several sections by conditioning them out. This leaves
several
> pages empty. In one circumstance, the book/PDF automatically removes
the
> extra pages when I run the PDF. In another case, it doesn't. Why is
one
> leaving extra pages and another isn't? And how do I fix this?

I'm not sure what you're doing, but if empty pages aren't being deleted
when you save or print, it's usually because you've told FM not to. :-)

In the file with the persistent empty pages, select Format > Page Layout
> Pagination. In the dialog box, Before Saving & Printing is probably
set to Don't Change Page Count. Pick something else (what depends on
whether your doc is single or double sided and which side the next
chapter should start on).

The other possibility is that the empty pages are using custom master
pages. FM will only delete empty pages based on the default Left and
Right master pages.

If it's neither of those, then I'm not sure what's going on.

HTH!
Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer