How can I use variables in the autonumber format of paragraphs?

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Mon Dec 1 08:22:41 PST 2008

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net wrote:
> Hi, Rick.
>
> That is an interesting idea for sure! I will try it out. Thanks much,

If you need $volnum for something else, you could achieve your output by
putting your RevNum variable in a run-in paragraph that is defined to
have an <n+> autonumbered paragraph as Next pgf.  (More effort, so I
hope $volnum works for you!)

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."