Hot Keys & Macros

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Mon Dec 1 08:36:23 PST 2008

Hi, Donald:

As you probably know, nothing on the Internet ever dies, and this
includes the WordStar keystroke habits embedded in the cultural
unconscious of many among us.

FrameMaker keystroke shortcuts are not the same as WS, though some of
Windows are quite similar. Instead of ^S ^D ^E and ^X for character
left, right, and line up, down, arrow keys do it.

Look up keystrokes in FM help, and framemaker keystrokes and
framemaker keystroke shortcuts on Google to find some charts and
listings of some of the many things that you can do in FM without a
mouse.

Also, open a copy of the command text files in the configui folder
under your FM installation directory, to see listings of the many
commands and their keystrokes built into FM. Read about how to create
your own, as well as customizing menus, in the PDF Customizing
Framemaker, also under the FM installation directory.

To truly mimic WS commands, search for a third-party keystroke macro recorder.

HTH
Regards,

Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices