IXGen with Structured FrameMaker

Indira Rimkeit irimkeit at redback.com
Thu Dec 4 09:07:27 PST 2008

Hi Jennifer,

We also used IXGen for editing indexes before we moved to structure, but found that is doesn't work with structured markers. You could ask the developer, Frank Stearns http://www.fsatools.com/, if he now has plans to support them, but as far as I know, he doesn't.

Rick Quatro created a FrameScript for us to replace the IXGen functionality to generate a list of markers that you can edit and update, which works with structured markers.

Indira Rimkeit
Technical Publications
Redback Networks, an Ericsson company

"Jennifer Collier" <JCollier at HorizonSoftware.com>
Sent by: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
11/28/2008 07:49 PM

<framers at lists.frameusers.com>
cc

Subject
IXgen with Structured FrameMaker?

Does anyone out there have experience using IXgen with Structured
FrameMaker? We are currently using FrameMaker 6.0 (unstructured). We're
in the process of moving to FrameMaker 8 (structured). We want to make
sure as we begin using IXgen to index our documents, we do it the best
way for making it work with structured. I know IXgen doesn't officially
work with structure but we've been told that there are people that are
making it work well. Any tips, guidelines, or processes I should be
following? Thanks for all the help in advance!

Jen Collier