Summation/Integral symbols show as ? in FM8

Shlomo Perets shlomo2 at microtype.com
Fri Dec 5 04:16:49 PST 2008

Charles,

You wrote:

>When using FrameMaker 8.0p277 (Windows XP), larger symbols (such as
>Summation and Integral) in equations appear and print as question
>marks.
>
>The problem applies to new equations and to existing equations that
>display/print correctly in FM 7.2.
>
>When searching the web for info, I found similar reports relating to
>the FM8.0 trial version, but no suggestions for fixes/workarounds.
>
>Is it possible that this bug has not been addressed since? Anyone
>successfully using FM8.0/Windows with equations?

[You posted the message on Nov. 8, but I do not see any responses.]

If the problem is still there, try the following:
In Windows' Regional and Language Options, under Advanced, select English
under the field titled "Select a language to match the language version of
the non-Unicode programs you want to use:". Restart the computer (typically
required) and try again.

Shlomo Perets

MicroType * http://www.microtype.com
FrameMaker training & consulting * FM-to-Acrobat TimeSavers

"Improve Your FrameMaker Skills" live web-based training sessions