Finding a font

Dave Reynolds dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
Mon Dec 8 12:05:37 PST 2008

Hi Chris

I see you've already had some replies.  One other thing you can try is
to generate an Index of References for fonts.  In Frame 8 this is done
as follows:

    * With the book file open, select Add > Index Of > References.
      This opens the Set Up Index of References dialog.
    * Move Fonts into the "Include References" field (double click or
      select and use the arrow).
    * Make sure the Create Hypertext Links box is checked.
    * click Add.
    * Update the book.

Open the generated IOR file.  You will see a list of all the fonts used
in the book, in alphabetical order.  Each entry is a hypertext link to
the page where the font is located.  Use Ctrl+Alt+click to click on each
link and jump to that location.  The font should be highlighted.
(Note:  Frame seems to use the page layout of the first file in the book
for the IOR file - you may need to change this if you have a title page
with an unusual layout.)

If there is no text highlighted on the page you have jumped to, the font
may be hidden in an unused text line (I've had this happen to me).  When
you select the Draw a Text Line tool and click anywhere in a page (even
in the margins), Frame seems to leave behind an instance of a text line,
even if you haven't typed any text.  Without any text, this text line is
of course invisible.  The best way I know to find them is to click in
the margin (so the cursor is not in the text) and type Ctrl+a (select
all).  This will select all objects on the page, including any empty
text lines.

Best of luck

Dave

Christopher Seal wrote, on 9/12/2008 3:08 a.m.:
> FM7.2
> WinXPPro
>
> A 700-page document I've been given indicates in the console that the
> 'Times' font is not available.
>
> How do I find where in the book (22 components) where Times is specified?
>
> The Find>Character Format... does not list Times as a Family to search for
> (of course).
>
> Regards...Chris

Dave Reynolds                         Phone: (64) (3) 358 1029
Senior Technical Author               Fax: (64) (3) 359 4632
Tait Electronics Ltd                  Email: dave.reynolds at tait.co.nz
PO Box 1645
Christchurch
New Zealand

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.