Re-installing FM 8 onto a new drive ...

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Wed Dec 10 09:23:25 PST 2008

(1)     FrameMaker 8 works fine on both Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit
assuming that if you are running Acrobat, you are using at least
Acrobat 8.1.

(2)     You should ALWAYS cleanly uninstall Adobe applications. Actually
you should first "deactivate" them and then uninstall them. Failure to
do that will probably cause major issues in terms of activating them
again on your "rebuilt" system.

By the way, if you in fact "rebuilt" your laptop, hopefully you didn't
try to do an "in place" upgrade from XP to Vista. That is an absolute
disaster.

You will likely need to contact Adobe to be able to reactivate your
applications after you install them due to the failure to deactivate
and uninstall them previously.

Good luck!

        - Dov