Re-installing FM 8 onto a new drive ...

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Dec 11 08:09:03 PST 2008

> > Wouldn't it be simpler to go to FM8 and be done with it?

> Maybe. But.

> - If FM 7.2 does everything you need, there might not be a reason to
update.

> - Not everybody can get the money for updates. While it might be
relatively cheap to buy a single license, the cost grows quickly when
you need to update entire departments.

Ah! I think I was not clear. I meant, that if a person has already
upgraded to FM8.0 on their system, then I don't get the reason for that
*same* person to keep FM7.2 on their system as well! I.e., why keep
*both* versions on that particular persons system?

Separately, your point about not *needing* to upgrade from 7.2 to 8 is,
of course, well-taken!