PDF-ing FM files under SVN

FeiMin_Lorente at amis.com FeiMin_Lorente at amis.com
Mon Dec 15 06:34:42 PST 2008

Hi Bodvar:

Actually, I do save my PDFs in the repository because that's part of our
configuration management. Since the PDF files are part of the deliverable
product, they get the same tag as the software files so that if we need to
re-create a deliverable, we can retrieve them from the tag.

Also, having the PDFs available to others via the repository helps them
view the documents because not everyone has FrameMaker. And they can get
the version that they want.

Fei Min Lorente

"Bodvar Bjorgvinsson" <bodvar at gmail.com>
Sent by: framers-bounces at lists.frameusers.com
12/15/2008 07:27 AM

"Framers List" <framers at frameusers.com>, "frame2acrobat at yahoogroups.com"
<frame2acrobat at yahoogroups.com>
cc

Subject
PDF-ing FM files under SVN

I don't seem to find any list committed to working with FM under SVN
or TortoiseSVN, so I will try and put the problem up here.

I am testing SVN. My IT has set up a dedicated SVN server and also
they set up a local SVN Working Copy and I am starting a real test.

What I am wondering about is what would be the best procedure when
printing to file and PDF-ing. These, and some other files, IMO, don't
have any business being uploaded to the repository. Do you try to
print/save those files to a place outside the SVN library or just try
not to upload them by accident?

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so
ingenious."