[Semi-OT] New Tech Comm Suite email list / group

Art Campbell art.campbell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 13:06:30 PST 2008

Over the past few months, I've noticed an increasing number of emails
on the FrameMaker lists that have to do with inter-program problems
between members of Adobe's Technical Communications Suite, such as
Frame and RoboHelp, Frame and Acrobat, how to integrate Captivate
movies and so on.

And Adobe decided not to set up user-to-user forums for TCS but route
queries into its program-specific forums, so there isn't a place on
the Internet for users of the TCS.

So, http://groups.google.com/group/TCS-Users is now online. The idea
is to concentrate on integration problems and Suite integration tools,
but I'm sure that individual problems will also crop up. In any case,
drop on by and sign up -- you can be a charter member! And there's
still time to earn the honor of being the first person to make an
actual posting.

For the geekily inclined, chartering as a Google Group means that a
Google account is required to use the web interface. It also means
that the archive problem experienced by many email lists is
non-existance. And there's also a file area available for member use,
which can be useful to explain _exactly_ what you mean.

Cheers,
Art

Art Campbell
                          art.campbell at gmail.com