Soliciting articles for the ISTC journal

Steve Rickaby srickaby at wordmongers.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 19 09:05:54 PST 2008

Hi Framers

Over the past few years I and others have been writing a quarterly article on uses of FrameMaker for the 'Tools' column of the ISTC quarterly journal 'Communicator'. (The ISTC is the UK equivalent of the STC: <http://www.istc.org.uk>)

Although no payment is available, writing an article for this journal gets your name in front of most of the technical communicators in the UK and many in Europe, as well as many of their clients. One contributor found that writing an article for us had a very beneficial effect with his employers.

If anyone well-versed in FrameMaker is interested in writing for us, articles normally run to about 1500 words (although they can go up to twice that if required). We would be most interested in material on the following topics:

. Advanced plug-ins

. Use of complex conditional statements in FrameMaker 8

. Best approaches to import of material from Microsoft Word in FrameMaker 8

. Use of markers in association with Robohelp of Webworks

I can provide example articles and supporting material to anyone who is interested.

The next available slot is the spring issue, which has a closing date for copy of 31st January.

--
Steve Rickaby			   <http://www.linkedin.com/in/steverickaby>
WordMongers Ltd                    <http://www.wordmongers.com>