Frame 8 trial woes

Emily Berk emily at armadillosoft.com
Mon Dec 22 19:27:12 PST 2008

Well, it's reproducible in that PDFs cannot be generated from this
one special book file from three different installations of FM (one
licensed, two trial), on three very different computer systems.  But
a second book file that prints exactly the same chapters in the same
order works on all three computer systems.

And also, it sounds to me as if others on this list have experienced
similar issues.  I have certainly had major issues printing to PDF on FM 7.

At 07:09 PM 12/22/2008, Whites wrote:

>On Dec 22, 2008, at 5:47 PM, Emily Berk wrote:
>
>>I'm hoping that Adobe becomes cognizant of the fact that when FM
>>
>>fails, it's often the tech writer who takes the fall.  In this case,
>>
>>I'm really concerned that my colleague's contract will not be
>>
>>renewed.  That would make it much harder for him/me to pay to convert
>>
>>my trial copy of FM 8 into a paid/registered copy.
>
>Unless this problem is reproducible, you/we are not likely to get
>any satisfaction out of Adobe.
>
>will white

>Hah! Attempted murder? Now honestly, what is that?
>Do they give a Nobel Prize for attempted chemistry?
>Do they?  - Sideshow Bob

Emily Berk
http://www.armadillosoft.com