the values of Variables: only per document and not per book?

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Thu Dec 25 13:40:07 PST 2008

Foor book-level variables control, I *strongly* recommend the BookVars
plugin by Leximation! I use this all the time for my documents - it is
the best add-on I have for FrameMaker.

Please see www.leximation.com for the details.

Hi all,

I am new to this group, and pretty new to FrameMaker (but I was a Word
2003
guru, so that helps a bit...).

My question is ... I am taking over somebody else's document, who is no
longer around. Amongst other things, I also have to update the document
date
and version number. I found the list of variable definitions that
controls
this values (in Word you also have variables, but also you have fields
whatever), and so in Master pages mode for the title page, I updated
those
variables' values. When I returned to Body pages for the title page, I
saw
indeed that the values have been correctly updated. However, when I look
at
the headers/footers of other chapters (documents), I see that the old
values
are still there. For sure, I can then do the same thing in each chapter,
but
is not the variables scope supposed to be global, i.e., thoughout the
book?

Tia

- avi