Graphics Fundamentals

Sean Pollock spolloc1 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 25 19:05:45 PST 2008

Merry Christmas, sorry for the delay.

Yours is not a good situation, but there is a solution if you have Photoshop--I am using CS2. I have not tried this on other apps.

Print a page containing a graphic to PDF.
Drag and drop that page to Photoshop.
When prompted to import the pdf at 72 ppi and 8 bit depth, choose a higher resolution (say at least 190 ppi)
Choose 16 bit and click OK.
The entire screen will convert, with white areas transparent. At that point you can crop the page text out and you will be left with a decent quality graphic (not as good as eps, since this is a bitmap, but good depending on the resolution you choose). I recommend that you save each graphic in a Frame-friendly format (png comes to mind), place your images in externalized directories, and link to them.

--Sean Pollock> Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:15:24 -0500> From: jdeland1 at comcast.net> To: spolloc1 at hotmail.com> CC: framers at lists.frameusers.com> Subject: Re: Graphics Fundamentals> > Hello, Sean -> They may be .eps, but they are copied and pasted into the files, not > linked, so I can't open them, or at least don't know how to. There is no > graphics subdirectory or other file location. Ideas?> Jack> Sean Pollock wrote:> > I'm guessing they are .eps graphics, > > <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/127032870/direct/01/>> > -- > Jack DeLand :: Member, Information Architecture Institute :: Michigan :: +1 248 252 2200 :: GMT -5>