Fixing lots of X-refs

Frank Stearns franks at fsatools.com
Wed Dec 31 11:11:44 PST 2008

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, John Sgammato wrote:

> A helper, buried under a huge workload, made one little mistake -
> renaming a lot of chapters and their filenames to make them easier
> to follow. Unfortunately, along the way a lot of x-ref markers were
> lost. I don't think there is any way to undo that damage, so they
> just have to be re-linked. Only 219 to go!

I came in a little late on this, but if this is the case, perhaps a
save to MIF, then running a good text-based search/replace (even
windows wordpad will do in a pinch) to correct the path/name info
would be pretty quick. Just make sure you get enough of the
surrounding MIF statement to avoid unwanted substring matches...

Frank Stearns Associates | makers of IXgen(tm) for FrameMaker(r)
franks at fsatools.com <mailto:franks at fsatools.com>
TOLL FREE Voice (USA and Canada):  800-567-6421
USA Voice: 360-892-3970  USA FAX: 360-253-1498
http://www.fsatools.com