XHTML or CALS tables?

Jeremy H. Griffith jeremy at omsys.com
Fri Feb 1 14:14:00 PST 2008

On Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:24:11 +0100, Peter Ring <pri at ddf.dk> wrote:

>Should I use the XHTML or CALS table model for structured documents
>and XML storage format?

I'd lean toward CALS.  It's the one supported in DITA, which
is the most buzzword-compliant XML format out there at present.  ;-)

CALS is also the preferred choice in DocBook, the most mature
of the common XML formats, although DocBook has added support
for the HTML table model too.  In Mif2Go's DocBook output from
Frame, you can select either one; we have customers using both.

HTH!