HELP - Deleting Multiple Master Pages in FrameMaker

Peter Gold peter at knowhowpro.com
Fri Feb 1 14:37:56 PST 2008

Hi, Susan:

Have you tried saving files as MIF, opening in a text editor, then
deleting the unwanted master page definitions C*A*R*E*F*U*L*L*Y,
saving and reopening in FM?

In addition to MIF2GO for converting FM files to MIF, DTP Tools has a
free FM2MIF plug-in that can convert whole directories (and their
subdirectories) of FM files to MIF fast. dtptools.com.

On Feb 1, 2008 4:06 PM,  <susan.mcdonald at teradyne.com> wrote:
> Using Frame 7.0 on Windows XP Pro.
>
> I am in the process of simplifying documents that are based on a template
> we did not develop. One way I'm trying to simplify is by reducing the
> number of master pages from the current 40+ to the 2-3 that we use.
>
> I have over 200 files to update, and would really rather not delete
> individual master pages from each file, if I can avoid it.
>
> (Yes, had we had time to think this over more clearly when we started work
> on these documents, we wouldn't be in this pickle. But, when we inherited
> these documents, there was no room in the schedule for tidying up, so we
> took the files and ran with them.)
>
> Does anyone know of a way to delete a range of master pages from a file?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Susan McDonald, Technical Writer
> Teradyne, Inc.
> susan.mcdonald at teradyne.com