Hypertext links in Acrobat8 documents generated from FM8 don't work

Austin Meredith Ashley_Meredith at brown.edu
Tue Feb 5 02:11:00 PST 2008

A FrameMaker 8.0 patch has just been downloaded onto my computer and
I am now at Version 8.0p273. This is the patch that is supposed to
fix the PDF hyperlinks in web documents. I have not yet checked to
make sure that my FM8 now generates hyperlinks properly, but you need
to be aware that *there is a minor problem* in the downloading and
installation of this 273 patch. It downloads itself while one's local
FM8 is active, and then when it notices that one's FM8 is active, it
asks permission to close FM9. If, however, one at that point gives it
permission to close FM8, the patch will *fail to install*.

This new patch will install properly but you will need to get your
FM8 closed on your own initiative while the download process, which
takes several minutes, is still underway -- *before* the patch
installer generates this pop-up window asking for permission to close your FM8.