FM8 Bug Fixed: Lines not breaking after em dash and en dash

Mike Wickham mewickham at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 5 07:07:25 PST 2008

Bug as I reported it originally:

>> In FM8 Format> Document> Text Options, I have "Allow Line Breaks After"
>> set to forward slash, hyphen, en dash, and em dash. I believe these are
>> the default values. Lines break after a slash or hyphen, but not after
>> either em or en dashes. <<

The new 8.0p273 (8.0.2) patch appears to have fixed this bug-- sort of. It
fixes it for newly entered em dashes, but existing em dashes remain broken
until fixed manually. A find/change for /m to /m, "Change All," causes them
to once again function correctly. I did not test on en dashes.

Mike Wickham