OT: Resources for Alert Standards

Jerilynne Knight jerilynne.knight at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 09:43:32 PST 2008

Hi all

I'm looking for standards on the proper use of terms like "Notes",
"Cautions", "Warnings", "Tips", etc. in software documentation. When I
search, I'm finding ANSI and IEEE standards that are available for purchase.
At this point, I don't really want to purchase the entire standard. I simply
want to know the proper convention for using these terms. I *know* I had
this information at one time and can't seem to find it in my files!

Anyone have any documentation or recommendations?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely

Jerilynne
Simpy Written, Inc.