Question about applying and removing character tags in FM6.0

maxwell.hoffmann maxwell.hoffmann at welocalize.com
Wed Feb 6 12:46:24 PST 2008

I have a basic, really dumb question about character tags.  (Think I
know the answer, but need to check.)

If I apply a character tag for [Change Bars] to several paragraphs, (and
the char tag is defined all "as is" settings, except for change bar), is
there anyway to remove the character tag and not wipe out format
overrides (e.g  [bold] and [emphasis]) character tags on the sentence
level?

This is in unstructured FrameMaker, V6.0. I know that the traditional
way to get rid of a character tag is F8 or [Default Para Tag]. I am
checking to see if there is some way to remove just one tag and not
interfere with other format overrides. (I think the answer is there is
no way.)

Maxwell Hoffmann
Production Lead
Welocalize