How do you count the total number of words in a FM book

Diane Gaskill dgcaller at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 10 07:59:08 PST 2008

Bookinfo works great, I use it myself.  But one word of caution.  If you are
counting the words in a book for localization purposes, be sure to substract
the number of words in the TOC and index.  These files are not counted
because they are generated from words and phrases (titles, for example) that
are would already be translated when the vendor generates the TOC and index
for the translated book.

Diane Gaskill