SOLVED -- Re: Smart Quotes pretty dumb in Gentium Basic, Minion Pro, andAuld Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and All

Bodvar Bjorgvinsson bodvar at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 05:50:54 PST 2008

You should expect some anomalies as their website warns:

QUOTE
Beta version
These fonts are intended only for preliminary testing, as they contain
bugs. Many aspects of the fonts, including glyph metrics, may change
before the final release.
UNQUOTE
http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=Gentium_basic

But thanks for the mentioning the font. I got the above link from an
RGLUG list message today. Real nice fonts. I think I will download the
family.

About the Minion Pro, I don't know if this is of any help but here is
a discussion on problems with diacritics on that font:
http://groups.google.com/group/adobe.typography/browse_thread/thread/5f5060dc523ad2f7

Bodvar

--
"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
 -- Edsel Murphy, dec.