Archive searching and moving text inset files

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Tue Feb 12 09:31:55 PST 2008

Linda G. Gallagher wrote:

> Ideally, I'd like to rearrange all the inset files, so that they can be
> shared across two or more books easily. I know the folder/file structure I
> want to use, but I'm wondering about how to get FM to find the insets in
> their new location.

Linda,

I would use Bruce Foster's Archive tool for this task.  It will copy
all referenced insets into a new folder and change the reference
pointers for you.  It will also copy referenced graphics into a separate
folder in the same way.  If its default folder structure doesn't suit,
you can simply move the folder to your preferred location, and when you
open the FM files again, tell Frame to look in the new location for all
files.

The plug-in is only $25, and well worth it.
http://www.leximation.com/toolsearch/?dev=BFP

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

If it makes things work more easily, why isn't it called lubrican?