future of FrameMaker

Thu Feb 14 07:16:10 PST 2008

Jakob Fix wrote:

> I would like to know if anybody has some reliable first-hand
> information about the future of FrameMaker.  I have recently

You know, this question was worth serious consideration the first dozen
or so times it came up. It was mildly amusing the next dozen or so. Now
-- after release of FM8 and the tech writing suite -- it's just silly
and becoming tiresome.

> heard of people having attended Adobe training sessions for
> FrameMaker that Adobe may/will probably stop FrameMaker
> development.  As the organization I am working for is a big

Adobe will stop FrameMaker development -- someday. And you will die,
too.

> user of FrameMaker (but we don't currently have any direct
> contacts with Adobe), we are getting slightly worried about
> the future.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Have a beer. :-)

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs