future of FrameMaker

Austin Meredith Ashley_Meredith at brown.edu
Fri Feb 15 01:42:46 PST 2008

Dov wrote:
>On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated,
>let me assure you that FrameMaker remains under active development.
>A next major version is currently being developed.

Why ever would Adobe abandon FrameMaker? This is not just a
techwriter tool we're dealing with here, folks. A soon as Adobe adds
an internet browser to the sweet suite, and parses its boolian search
logic, and roundtrips full wysiwyg XHTML generation, they will have
created the one-package solution to everything that is going on in
cyberspace! Nobody else is anywhere near this close to that
one-package solution. They're poised to be masters of the known
universe. MSWord doesn't have the ghost of a chance of pulling off
some grand integration like this. FrameMaker will become the killer
app. We'll eventually have one tool in which we can create and
maintain web content, and then go browsing. But this is going to take
a little faith.