question about Figure # s

Deirdre Reagan deirdre.reagan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 09:39:50 PST 2008

Hi all:

I have a document that has multiple chapters.  In Chapter 1000, the
figures are Figure 1001, Figure 1002, etc.  The same goes for Chapter
2000, 3000, etc.

In each chapter, the primary figure -- Figure 1001 for example -- has
it's own tag (Figure #, 1001), and the Autonumber Format is F:Figure <
><n=1001>.

The following figures -- Figures 1002, 1003, 1004 -- have their own
tag (Figure #), and the Autonumber Format is F:Figure < ><n+>.

The same is true for all the chapters.

So here's my problem:  I've added a new chapter and created new tags
in that chapter for the primary and following figures, using the
format above.  I have Figure 5001, 5002, and 5003.

However, when I run the TOF, the TOF picks up the Figure 5002 and
Figure 5003 but not Figure 5001.  It also doesn't have Figure #,
5001LOF in the Paragraph Designer.  It does have Figure #, 1001LOF,
Figure #, 2001LOF etc.

Does anyone know how I can get the TOF to populate itself with Figure
#, 5001LOF?

Thanks!

Deirdre