Registering a new FrameMaker license

Dov Isaacs isaacs at adobe.com
Tue Feb 19 12:01:33 PST 2008

Unless you can get the eBay vendor to give you the
serial number prior to your bidding for the item, letting
you confirm that the software is (1) not pirated and
(2) not already upgraded from, there isn't much you
can do.

>From our experience at Adobe listening to tales of woe,
eBay is really not a safe place to "buy" software.

Also note that Adobe has been changing its policies
with regards to what you can upgrade from. I don't
know what if any changes have been made for FrameMaker
upgrades, but you can't go back infinitely on any of
the Creative Suite applications anymore!

        - Dov