Find and Replace cross references

Syed.Hosain at aeris.net Syed.Hosain at aeris.net
Wed Feb 20 09:15:26 PST 2008

Hi, all.

I have not put user variables into master pages, but (once you fix the
master pages anyway) ...

... I *STRONGLY* and *HIGHLY* recommend using the BookVars plugin from
http://www.leximation.com/tools/ to maintain user variables -
*particularly* when a variable is used in multiple documents in a single
book. This is easily the most useful tool that I have added to
FrameMaker - the $35 cost has paid for itself easily in the time I have
saved over the last year or two (some of my documents have two to three
hundred user variable and, yes, there is a good reason for it :)!).

Unfortunately, I do not know for sure whether it will handle user
variables in Master Pages. But, give it a shot ... I believe that
Leximation has a free trial of the plugin available.