style following inset

Mollye Barrett mollye at clearpath.cc
Thu Feb 21 08:03:32 PST 2008

I'm working with an unstructured document set that uses text insets. When
insets are imported into the target document, the empty paragraph tag
following the inset automatically becomes a repeat of the first style in
the previous inset. So, if the inset starts with a numbered list, the next
empty paragraph tag in the document becomes a number list too.

I know this will go away when and if the documents are structured but that
is not an option right now. Can anyone recommend best practices for
handling unstructured insets and/or specifically how to resolve this
unwelcome problem. I seem to recall a fix but I haven't been faced with
this problem for a long time.

Any help is truly appreciated!

Mollye Barrett
ClearPath, LLC