Keeping a frame with the next paragraph

Stuart Rogers srogers at phoenix-geophysics.com
Fri Feb 22 12:23:04 PST 2008

Kwiatkowski Richard (ST-VS/DOC-La) wrote:
> Hello Framers,
>
> A questions was raised during a meeting abuot how to force a frame to
> stay with the next paragraph. For example, we have an anchored frame
> that contains an image. The next paragraph is an achor placeholder for a
> table that contains a legend for the image. The question is: Is there a
> way within FrameMaker (7.2 or 8) to ensure that the frame and the legend
> are always on the same page? We tried Keep with Next and Keep with
> Previous with no success.
>
> Thanks for any advice.

Richard,

There are a couple of approaches you can use.  Since you're already
inserting a table for the legend, you could simply add a row at the top
of the table and put the image there, setting the table orphan rows to a
suitably high number to keep the rows together.

My own preferred method is to dedicate a pgf to each image and put only
the anchored frames (At Insertion Point) in those pgfs.  The tag for the
dedicated pgf is defined to Keep With Next Pgf, and the Next Pgf Tag is
my legend pgf.  This approach also gives me control over Space Above the
image, indentation, etc.

HTH,

--
Stuart Rogers
Technical Communicator

srogers phoenix-geophysics com

"Developers explain How the Product Works.
Technical writers explain How to Work the Product."