Using PNG graphics

Bill Swallow techcommdood at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:38:51 PST 2008

>  I have many PNG files that come into Frame 8 without difficulty. When the
>  page is printed, however, line weights are heavier than the native file
>  and close-together lines each want to close.
>
>  Any suggestions about importing or publishing that would help render
>  theses graphics more clearly? There are approximately 8,000 line drawings
>  and I don't relish tweaking and resaving them all from the native Corel
>  format.

If these are line drawings, then PNG is the wrong image format. A PNG
is a bitmapped image, not vector. For a clean line drawing in print
(whether from PDF or FM) you should use a vector image format (you'll
have to save out of Corel again, sorry).

A good intro to bitmap vs. vector:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/a/bitmapvector.htm

--
Bill Swallow